Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Coke Provokes an Idea

Coke studio has launched on Indian TV this month. I started watching it a few days after the launch, and that first episode pulled me back to every other episode that week.
Though my friends say that the original season was a lot better, and I do recall watching an enthralling performance of the Pakistani series, the fusion of forms is really something. The sounds bring together geographical terrains of diverse kinds, and mix moods in quite delightful ways. Another thing that impresses me is the visuals- the space is limited, the song has considerable length, and the challenge is to hold the viewer's attention. The way the images move with the tunes, at least hold my attention.
And while watching it one night, an analogy struck me.
One day many years later, maybe if I start a show which carefully blends humour from world over, I could call it- Joke Studio!
Kiddin! & Kudos to the wonderful singers!

No comments:

Post a Comment